Planning Your Next Trip in the North? The 2023 Toll Fees in the Philippines
When planning your trip to the North, take advantage of one of the key toll roads in the Philippines, the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), to kickstart your adventure. This well-designed and efficient expressway provides an entryway to the northern Philippines' wonders. Whether you're embarking on a road trip or seeking a quick weekend getaway, NLEX offers a convenient and hassle-free journey for both drivers and passengers.
But before gearing up for an adventure, travelers must be aware of the toll fees on expressways. These fees are charges imposed on individuals using specific roads, bridges, or highways that serve essential purposes. Toll fees contribute to infrastructure maintenance and improvement, ensuring safe and convenient travel conditions. Additionally, they support the development of new transportation projects, such as constructing more lanes or implementing sustainable transportation solutions.
NLEX Toll Fee Rates for 2023
NLEX toll fee rates vary and are subject to change based on vehicle classification and travel distance. Below is a detailed breakdown of the new NLEX toll fee rates for 2023:
- NLEX toll rates for Class 1 vehicles
- NLEX toll fee rates for Class 2 vehicles
- NLEX toll fee rates for Class 3 vehicles
Easytrip RFID is a cutting-edge electronic toll collection system (ETC) that helps to enhance the efficacy and functionality of toll collection processes in MPTC expressways. In lieu of manually paying toll fees, Easytrip ETC RFID enables a fully automated method for payment security and reduces travel time and queuing in toll plazas.
Can I Use Easytrip RFID for Autosweep Tollways?
The Toll Regulatory Board recently announced that Easytrip users with Neology RFID may register their RFID stickers for cars to Autosweep tags, a cashless payment service utilized in South Luzon Expressway or SLEX toll fees and other expressways such as SKYWAY, NAIAX and TPLEX. To enroll, motorists must visit an Autosweep service center or kiosk.
How to Obtain an RFID Sticker for Your Car?
Obtaining an RFID sticker is highly recommended for motorists who frequently traverse expressways for work or travel. With an RFID, users can enjoy numerous benefits such as seamless toll transactions, reduced traffic congestion, and discounted toll rates and other deals.
Here are some simple steps on how to register for Easytrip RFID:
- Visit the Easytrip website to download and fill up the registration form found on the site.
- Get to the closest Easytrip station in NLEX, CAVITEX, or SCTEX.
- Pay the initial load, P200.00 for CALAX and CAVITEX and P500.00 for NLEX.
The registration process for Easytrip does not require any documents; you only need to bring your vehicle intended for installation. Motorists can obtain their RFIDs through the following authorized Easytrip installation sites:
- NLEX-SCTEX - SeaOil SCTEX Northbound, Balintawak Weighing Station, Balintawak Customer Service Parking Area, Angeles EasyTrip Tent, Shell Balagtas Northbound (Class 1 vehicles), NLEX Drive and Dine (Class 1 vehicles), Mindanao Avenue EasyTrip Tent, Tabang Customer Service EasyTrip tent, San Fernando Customer Service EasyTrip tent, Petron Marilao Northbound (Class 1 vehicles), Petron Lakeshore Northbound (Class 1 vehicles), Petron Balagtas Southbound (Class 1 vehicles), and Total SFEX Southbound
- CAVITEX - CAVITEX Customer Service Center, Cavite-bound AND Manila-bound, Longos Bacoor Northbound, Manila-bound, and Kawit Northbound EasyTrip Tent
- C5 Link - C5 Customer Service Center, West Service Road, C5 Extension Road Junction Taguig, and Shell Magallanes (Shell Appointment System)
- CALAX - CALAX Customer Service Center Mamplasan, Sta. Rosa Toll Tent (Class 1 vehicles), Shell Putatan Tent, and Mamplasan Rotonda
In terms of installing Easytrip RFID stickers, there are specific guidelines to ensure proper placement. Ideally, the Easytrip RFID sticker should be installed in the middle-right part of your windshield. However, if your car's windshield has heavy tinting that could interfere with the RFID signal, professional installers will place the sticker on your right headlamp instead. Only Easytrip's authorized installers are permitted to handle the installation process. This measure ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience, minimizing the risk of any inconveniences that may arise from improper installation.
Where Can I Use the Easytrip RFID?
Easytrip RFID is interoperable and can be used to Metro Pacific Tollways Corporations (MPTC) network of toll expressways, including:
- North Luzon Expressway (NLEX)
- Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX)
- Manila-Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX)
- Cavite Laguna Expressway (CALAX)
- C5-Link Flyover
Toll fee rates play a crucial role in sustaining and enhancing transportation networks, benefiting both Filipino travelers and the broader community. Keeping informed about the new toll fee rates is crucial for motorists to plan their trips accordingly. To enjoy a seamless and hassle-free toll experience, Easytrip RFIDs enable motorists to make cashless transactions, allowing them to breeze through NLEX and other expressways with ease.
Your next adventure awaits, so plan ahead and take advantage of Easytrip's services. Visit our website today or call 1-35000 for more information.